...that feeling you get when you think you're not good enough and you're going to be "found out" as a total fraud
Imposter Syndrome affects up to 70% at some stage in their careers. It can be completely debilitating and cost companies lots of money in lost productivity.
It shows up in various ways:
- not putting yourself forward for opportunities you know you're well capable of
- doubting your own abilities to deliver on your promises to your clients
- thinking "everyone else" is so much better than you are
- totally afraid of being "found out" as the fraud that you are
- just going for this "one more qualification" and then you'll be ready
- worried that you really are an imposter, that no one else feels like you
It impacts on both men and women, even celebrities get it! It happens at all levels and tends to increase with experience (the more you know, the more you know you don't know). You'll never reach a stage where you don't feel like an imposter, unless you actively do something about it.
The good news is you CAN do something about it...
What kind of Imposter are you?
Take the Imposter Syndrome Quiz now!